Looong overdue wash day

Hair style this week which I maintained as detailed below... Soooo, a 4 week wash day break later... ew. I think I co washed once whi...

Hair style this week which I maintained as detailed below...

Soooo, a 4 week wash day break later... ew. I think I co washed once while my hair was braided but that's it. However, I was ripping out my hair every day when I combed and I was just too stressed out to think about hair at all. So while it wasn't the best thing to do, I'm satisfied with my decision/laziness.

 Products (with whipped butter in Herbal Essences tub)

I detangled with hemp oil and left my hair in a bun for about a day. On wash day, I rinsed, instant conditioned with Lee Stafford Argan Oil Nourishing Conditioner then shampooed with OGX Biotin & Collagen (sulphate-free). I then deep conditioned with Lee Stafford Argan Oil Deep Nourishing Treatment for around 45 minutes.

After rinsing, I moisturised with Dove Intensive Repair and Coconut & Almond leave-ins and sealed with my whipped Shea butter (which is the one, by the way. I bought some essential orange oil to mask the smell and I looove it now).

I then flat twisted my hair in six sections, used flexirods on the ends, wrapped my hair up and went to sleep. In the morning, my hair looked awful, so I set it on 4 flexirods to give myself some bounce and repeated these nightly in rough sections. The flat twists were great for stretching my roots though, so on the whole, a success!

 Flexirods

Tomorrow, I'm relaxing my hair. I wanted to wait until the new year, but I restart uni soon after the start of the year and I want my hair freshly done before then. Very worried about the state of my ends because they're thin as heck and I might have to cut more than 2". But we'll see...

See you tomorrow and I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

The Wash Day Experience
xx Lam

You Might Also Like

0 comments