Wash Day

So earlier this week after lamenting my dry hair, I had a co-wash day with TreSemmé Luxurious Moisture. It's a nice creamy consisten...

So earlier this week after lamenting my dry hair, I had a co-wash day with TreSemmé Luxurious Moisture.

It's a nice creamy consistency and I like the smell although I can't really describe it. I covered my hair, root to tip with it quite lavishly and coated this with some leftover coco/evoo/grapeseed oil. I let this sit overnight then washed it off in the morning. As expected, my hair felt great afterwards. However, co-washing seems to make me neglect my hair with regards to moisturising and sealing just because it takes so long. I didn't even moisturise until three days later because I thought my hair was doing fine and it was then that i realised how crispy it was...

Today, I washed my hair with Naked Shine Hydrating Shampoo. This time, i rinsed my pre-shampoo oil mix (see above) with hot water first and this definitely aided cleaning. My hair did not feel stripped but it was still clean. I probably could have only done one shampoo/rince but I couldn't help myself!

I then tried a 5 minute tea rinse again with two green tea bags. Again, my hair just went from feeling quite moist to just stringy and horrible. I also started noticing some broken hairs but this was probably just down to them being loosened by the shampoo. I didn't rinse the tea out but just put conditioner over the top.

The conditioners I used were Aussie Miracle Moist and TreSemmé Luxurious Moisture. The Miracle Moist I shook up with water to get it out of the bottle (it's reeeally thick and even after water remained so). I stirred some of my oil mix into it (I made far too much of this as you can see) and coated my hair. I then layered TreSemmé Luxurious Moisture with a few more drops of oil over the top as it's undiluted and my hair started to feel nice again under the conditioner.

I'm currently sitting for an hour or two so I'll see you on the flipside! And if my hair doesn't feel nice and strong after this tea rinse, n e v e r again!

You Might Also Like

0 comments