Wash Day Part 2 (this time it's personal)

I always speak too soon - my hair feels really nice and soft once dry. After rinsing out the conditioner, I definitely thought this wash was...

I always speak too soon - my hair feels really nice and soft once dry. After rinsing out the conditioner, I definitely thought this wash was a bust. My hair felt weird and squeaky and stringy and clumpy. But I've been fingercombing as it dried and it now feels lush. My scalp stings a bit and I think that might have been one of the conditioners irritating my scalp. I might rinse again because it's a little painful, hmm (I didn't in the end).

So after moisturising and sealing with my usual Trevor Sorbie Volume Leave-in Conditioner, Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisture Balm and coconut/evoo/grapeseed oil mix, I'm ready for styling.

From this:


(whoomph)
 I keep wondering what exactly texlaxed hair looks like compared to relaxed. I would probably only ever go texlaxed once I've reached my goal of full bra strap length but I would just not describe my hair as bone-straight. Hm. 


To this:


(two big twists with extensions from about 1/3 of the way down. This way, the extensions blend in with my hair and there's no big bumps anywhere)

I plan on leaving this in for a full week in which I will work hard instead of playing with my hair. Sounds like a plan!

You Might Also Like

0 comments