Wash Day (hopefully)??

It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been very busy with moving into a new flat with friends and my hair has definitely suffered. ...

It's been a while, hasn't it? I've been very busy with moving into a new flat with friends and my hair has definitely suffered. I no longer have the luxury of hogging the shower for two hours or lounging with wrapped hair (no one but the fam gets to see that mess) so my hair is dried out and begging for moisture 24/7. Not to mention that my hair is now  16.5 weeks post (and I'm definitely feeling it). My goal for February is to get back on track with deep conditioning, weekly washing and moisturising/sealing. I think I might try out LOC as well, because while I love the moisturiser I've been using (Darcy's Botanicals Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Creme), it's really expensive and I can only get it online (so postage adds up). Hopefully, LOC would allow me to use less of it (only on my ends).

I also reeeally need to get my roots relaxed. I was thinking about questioning the hairdresser about texlaxing, but I am really not ready to deal with three textures on my head. This new growth is now killing me softly. I haven't noticed much demarcation breakage though, which is great. I attribute that to my use of light protein at my roots (mainly because my moisturising conditioner irritates my scalp but this is an added bonus).

I was also thinking about long-term. Ideally, I would like to one day have long natural hair. However, I am not ready to cut off the length I have struggled for these years. So my plan is to see how much growth I can get in 1-1.5 years. If I am able to happily grow and retain length, I will eventually long-term transition when I am ready. If not, I will shave my head!! I have been canvassing opinions, and people seem to be supportive. It's hard for me because I never had very short natural hair. It was APL/BSL until I got it relaxed around six years ago. So that would be a whole new journey for many years.

So, hopefully this wash day will be good and I'll have nice fresh hair for the coming week.

Smooches,
Lam

You Might Also Like

0 comments