Year In Review 2013 (Aaaall the products)

 I thought I was getting ridiculous with products but I'm actually pretty happy with what I've got! Pretty much everything I&...

 I thought I was getting ridiculous with products but I'm actually pretty happy with what I've got! Pretty much everything I've got serves a purpose (apart from a few things which I'm yet to work out. So, a complete rundown follows:


Shampoos:
 
  • L'oréal Elvive Triple Resist Reinforcing Shampoo - Haven't used this yet as I haven't seen the necessity of having a full on protein day. Maybe the week before I relax I'll use it (aka next week)
  • John Frieda Full Repair Shampoo - This was my staple for a year or two before I started this whole healthy hair thing and I'm sure it helped in maintaining the little length I had
  • Herbal Essences Moisture Balance Shampoo - Love this stuff. There's really no point to a clarifying shampoo that then adds even more silicone, so I love that this has none. Best used after a pre-poo to prevent it stripping all the good stuff from the hair.
  • Aussie Take the Heat Shampoo - I don't remember using this any time recently? But I'm sure it'll be good for when I ever decide to use heat on my hair again
  • Naked Shine Honey & Mallow Hydrating Shampoo - New moisturising shampoo! Does the trick, but I can't say that I'm overwhelmed by it.
 Conditioners:
  •  L'Oréal Elvive Triple Resist Reinforcing Conditioner - A good mid-level protein that I've just started using for the lengths of my hair (not my ends, which require something more heavy duty or my roots, which need something lighter)
  • Tresemmé Luxurious Moisture Conditioner - Makes my scalp sting something fierce :( It really is very moisturising, though so I'm not sure what to do. I try to keep it off my scalp by 'basing' it with another conditioner
  • Lee Stafford Argan Oil Nourishing Conditioner - I love the consistency of this; it's like milk. Has a load of slip which is great for improving the feel of my hair
  • Colour Restore Deep Red - My colour rinse. Love the fact that it correct porosity issues and makes my hair able to retain moisture better and because my hair is already slightly lightened, it also alters my colour
  • Trésemme Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque - I don't need to rave about this more, do I? It's a perfect product as far as I'm concerned
 Dailies:
  • Trevor Sorbie Volume Leave-in Conditioner - a light keratin leave-in that I use after washing. I think it's helped to maintain my ends thus far. It also doesn't leave residue at all
  • Aussie Miracle Recharge Moisture Lightweight Conditioning Spray - this stuff is not lightweight. No matter how little I use, it leaves my hair feeling built-up and greasy. Not a fan. I might try it on wet hair and/or in conjunction with the Trevor Sorbie Volume
  • Umberto Giannini Overnight Beauty Moisure Balm - I hope to find something a bit better in the new year, but this really does do the trick for the most part. Despite the fact that it says there's no residue, this is only the case for the first couple of days and then hair definitely needs a rinse for refreshing (which is perfectly reasonable)
  • Grapeseed Oil - Really lightweight and definitely has good sealing properties. I think this nourishes my hair well
  • Coconut Oil - good stuff for pre-pooing, but made my hair feel really stiff after a few weeks. I think this was due to the cold weather and the oil solidifying
  • (Empty) Lee Stafford Argan Oil Deep Nourishing Treatment - Now contains a mix of two tablespoons of the above with two of extra virgin olive oil and it makes the best pre-poo/sealer
 Empties/Styling:
  • John Frieda Full Repair Conditioner - was sad to see this one go and I'm not too sure what I'm going to use the bottle for
  • Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Shine Deep Treatment - hated this stuff, probably because it's aimed at making hair shinier not more moisturised so left my hair feeling less than perfect. Was good for using up in co-washes though
  • Aussie Miracle Moist Conditioner - a great staple but faaaar too expensive
  • Schwarzkopf Pro Styling Smoothing Milk - this stuff always made my hair feel greasy when I used it and it ran out long before I started this journey. The bottle's great for tea rinses, though
  • Wella Shockwaves Volume Mousse - really volumising. When my hair gets longer and stronger, I will definitely be using this to make some beautiful curls/waves
  • Lee Stafford Argain Oil Heat Protectant Spray - stops my hair from feeling completely frazzled after straightening
  • Wella Shockwaves Ultra Strong Tuff Stuff Gel - great hold. I originally got it for styling, then though I could use it to make my edges lay flat. Then I remembered that I don't care about edges, haha
Miscellaneous:

  • Boar Bristle Brush - I bought this and then got scared off from using it. There's no point anyway because I'm not using heat at the moment
  • Sectioning Clips - suit a multitude of needs - I think everyone should have these! I always lose them, though
  • Hairdressing Scissors - kept nice and sharp for all my snipping needs. Definitely cuts down on tangles when I get rid of horrid ends
  • Trusty seamless afro comb as I seem to have lost all my wide-tooth ones...
  • Hairbands with no metal bit to snag hair. They are also made of plastic so don't reduce moisture but I don't know about the effect of static that they might have.
 So this is what I've got to work with! I really want to add a new moisturiser, but apart from that, I like what I've got and feel that I've got stuff that covers every base.

Good start to 2014!

You Might Also Like

0 comments