Year In Review 2013

So! What to say... Well, I was very late to the game in 2013 so I don't have the greatest deal to say, so really this is a way of consol...

So! What to say... Well, I was very late to the game in 2013 so I don't have the greatest deal to say, so really this is a way of consolidating what I've learnt in my couple of months so far.

Hits:

  • TreSemmé Keratin Smooth Deep Treatment Masque - I looooove this stuff so much. This is my idea of creamy crack. I love the way it feels going on and how it strengthens my hair.
  • Daily Moisturising and sealing - definitely keeps my hair supple day-to-day and means that I don't get any horrible tiny broken ends.
  • Grapeseed and coconut oil - love them mixed with extra virgin olive oil to get the benefits of all three
  • Overnight pre-poo - reduces time spent waiting and stops my hair from getting stripped
  • Co-washing - easy way to get moisture in on extra dry days
  •  Pinned-up styles - for loose, off the neck no fuss days!
  • Flat twists - because me and cornrows will never be friends
  • Dyed hair - I like the subtle colour it adds to my hair. Colour rinses have also been really good for my thickness

Misses:
  • Search and destroy - my hair is too short to see any of it meaningfully. It's better for me to just do tiny trims every now and again at this point
  • Tea rinses - haven't worked out how to incorporate them without making my hair stringy and horrible. Maybe just using it on my scalp will work in 2014
  • Twist/braid outs - I just don't like the way they look at the moment and I think they increase my breakage
  • Co-washing -  makes me even lazier about m/s
  • Dyed hair - damage.com, to be honest. Permanent hair colour has definitely set me back
So even in my short time, I've definitely learnt a lot. Excited for 2014 where I'm sure I will make many hair gains. Looking to relax in mid-Jan at  approx. 14 weeks post.

Have a good New Year!

You Might Also Like

0 comments