Flexi rod fun

Hey everybody! First off, let me just tell you that I am in love with flexirods. They give me all the beauty of bantu knots without the tan...

Hey everybody! First off, let me just tell you that I am in love with flexirods. They give me all the beauty of bantu knots without the tangles I get after a few days. I reckon it's because the hair has to be set completely flat on a flexi rod set. So, as my last post stated:

I used a mixture of Shockwaves Ultra Strong Tuff Stuff gel and Darcy's Botanicals Curl Detangling Milk to set my flexirods (I used ten) and left to dry overnight. They were fairly comfortable to sleep on but I didn't like the way they pulled at my hair if I didn't do them exactly right. More practice, I guess!
 Day One hair:


Day Two hair during and after clip in (also styled in same way with flexi rods) addition/take down:


Day Three Hair starting to look a little not cute. Put a little water and oil on my hair this day:


Aaand, Day Four after full L.O.C and combing:

My hair looks a hot mess here, hence the bun...

So I think this went pretty well for my first set! I cowashed after this and will redo tonight/tomorrow for my graduation on Wednesday. Hopefully, I'll get these good results again. I'm also really happy I didn't go out and buy yet another product to set my curls with. My gel mixed with a watery moisturising product worked fabulously. My hair stayed moisturised for four whole days! I attribute that to the ApHogee, which has made my hair amazing.

Also, look at the volume my hair is serving two weeks post relaxer due to not being relaxed bone straight. My hair is definitely more straight than other people's texlaxed textures, but I love it! It has more life but is still so easy to comb through. Getting used to my roots not having shine is a little bit disorientating though!

'Til next time,
Lam

You Might Also Like

0 comments