Wash Day

Flexirods, yo This is last week's wash day! So last week I made a new oil mix using 2tbsp of shea butter, 2tbsp of coconut oil, 3...

Flexirods, yo

This is last week's wash day! So last week I made a new oil mix using 2tbsp of shea butter, 2tbsp of coconut oil, 3tbsp of hempseed oil and 3tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. It took a while to melt the shea butter into the other oils, but the resulting mix felt very luxurious. With so many nutty oils, however, it is quite an affront to the senses and I will be buying some lavender essential oil to make it smell better.

[1] I detangled then steam pre-pooed with my oil mix and Boots Leave-in for 4 hours under a shower cap and towel. I leave this in for such a long time because oils take longer than conditioners to reach their full benefit to hair. Usually I do this overnight.

[2] I washed my hair and scalp with Naked Shine Hydrating Shampoo and squeezed out excess water with a towel.

[3] I applied ApHogee Two Step Protein Treatment and hardened it with my hairdryer. I was not expecting the consistency of the product or how sticky it got! I rinsed it out gently with warm water and followed up with Lee Stafford Argan Oil Nourishing Conditioner. My hair felt so good after the ApHogee not at all straw-like.  I saw no breakage at all when I was rinsing out and I didn't even feel like I needed to DC! (But I did, of course).

[4] I deep conditioned with Lee Stafford Argan Oil Deep Nourishing Treatment for 30 minutes under a shower cap and towel. Hair feeling like silk at this point.

[5] I tshirt dried my hair for 45 minutes, then applied my 2chic leave-in and a little bit of my old oil mix (because I didn't want the new mix gettin' my hair all smelly) and airdried. After, I trimmed the very ends of my hair (approx 1cm) because I'm addicted to scissors.

[6] I used a mixture of Shockwaves Ultra Strong Tuff Stuff gel and Darcy's Botanicals Curl Detangling Milk to set my flexirods (I used ten) and left to dry overnight. They were fairly comfortable to sleep on but I didn't like the way they pulled at my hair if I didn't do them exactly right. More practice, I guess!

Day 1 hair! Did a lil more fluffing after this

Ta da! I think for my graduation on Wednesday, I will do this again, but use clip in hair for extra oomph. Excited to have amazing hair/pictures!


You Might Also Like

0 comments