Wash Day

You know when you think you've scheduled a post and you just... haven't? Oop at me. This was meant to be posted a few weeks ago, a...

You know when you think you've scheduled a post and you just... haven't? Oop at me. This was meant to be posted a few weeks ago, as you might be able to tell by the theme of the post! My bad, guys.

 

Bee Delicious all gone! Definite staple

Nothing much to report on the Western Front this week, but I reckon I will end my stretch in the next few weeks as I'm eager to check on the growth and thickness of my hair. I've been a little scissor happy, you see...



Today's products (minus 2chic as it rolled under my bed)

[1] Covered hair in newest oil mix (coconut/hemp seed/grapeseed/evoo). Finger detangled then went over with two combs to remove all shed and broken hairs. I think I will need to invest in some proper seamless ones as I believe mine contribute to some of my hair breakage. Braided over my forehead (as seen in last wash day post) and steamed with body heat and Trevor Sorbie Volume Leave-in for three hours under a shower cap and towel. My hair always feels so soft and lush after steaming, I'm glad I picked it up!

[2] Rinsed with warm water then shampooed hair and scalp with Naked Shine Honey & Mallow Hydrating Shampoo (sulphate free). Conditioned with L'Oréal Triple Resist Reinforcing Conditioner for a few minutes then rinsed again.

[3] Squeezed out excess water then deep conditioned with the remnants of my Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Intensive Mask (definite rebuy) then started my tub of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Deep Nourishing Mask (practically the same ingredients). Left for 45 mins under a shower cap and towel.

[4] Rinsed with warm then cool water and tshirt dried for 20 mins. Applied leave-ins of 2chic, my oil mix and Darcy's Botanicals transitioning creme and tension blowdried. Forgot the heat protectant again, ugh. I will do better next time!

I keep getting paranoid because my ponytail is not as voluminous as it used to be but then I remember that new growth contributes to shrinkage and my relaxed ends might appear thinner. Additionally, I tension blowdry now, and this could remove some of the volume I see when airdying. I will only be able to tell once I relax (texlax!!) in a couple of weeks.

After all this, I styled my hair in twists then a bun, following this week's theme of the Wash Day Experience! Not a boring one like I usually do, either. I think it's cute, anyway, ha. As I can't sleep in the clips, I'll redo the style without them tomorrow and keep it for the week.
 





'Til next time,
Lam

You Might Also Like

0 comments