Curlformers! (And a #Flashback Friday)

I took the plunge at long last as one of my post exam celebration presents. I bought the extra wide and long set, which is suitable for...



I took the plunge at long last as one of my post exam celebration presents. I bought the extra wide and long set, which is suitable for hair up to 16".


As I don't plan on growing my hair much past that, and it won't reach that length for a long time, I felt that this was less bulky than going for the 24" ones. Maybe in a few years, I'll go for another set. Also, I only bought one pack. One thing that annoys me is having too much stuff on my head. When I do protective styles, I refuse to use more than 2 packs of braiding hair unless I absolutely have to (e.g. if I'm doing suuuper long braids) #flashbackfriday:


This was pre-hair journey by the way. Now that took 3 or 4 packs! I prefer to reduce the number of braids on my head, rather than trying to cram more and more braiding hair onto my head. The same goes for styling. I do 5 or so bantu knots for my sets, and use up to 6 flexirods for my whole head. The more I do, the less I like the results. And for my marley twists, I used two packs and did exactly 60 twists, with one strand of marley hair per twist. At the moment, I have 20 marley braids and used three strands per braid (again, using two packs).

This curlformer pack comes with 24 curlformers and I will make it work! 6 per section should do the trick. If it doesn't, then I will reassess, ha. Although my hair is voluminous, it is baby fine and of medium density so I think I'll be fine.

Also, I'm not out here to look like Shirley Temple. That's why I bought the extra wide curlers, which give a barrel curl rather than a spiral. And so, fewer curlers will get me more of the look I'm trying for.













Anyway, enough of the rambling! They should arrive on Monday, but because I'm currently protective styling with box braids, I won't be able to use them for a couple of weeks. Next full wash day, though!


xx Lam

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Your pose looks cute and playful, like loads of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete