8 months post today!

  8 months and exactly 3" of natural hair gives me a growth rate of 4.5" per year. I knew my growth rate was less than the aver...

 
8 months and exactly 3" of natural hair gives me a growth rate of 4.5" per year. I knew my growth rate was less than the average, but I'm happy with what I've got!

I've a couple of posts in the works that are just waiting on pictures, but can I share a bit of good news? I passed the year! I'm now going into year 5 of 6 of medical school. I was too busy trying to keep my head afloat to concentrate much on hair blogging, much to my chagrin. But here's the progress I made this year summed up in a couple of pictures:


 This is what 3" of natural, ~4" of texlaxed and ~5" of bonelaxed looks like... AKA, I look like a mushroom. Who knows what it would be like if I let it dry unstretched and shrink up! The first 7" of my hair are thick and juicy, so I'm very happy.


Texture shot. I live in bantu knot outs these days to stretch my new growth after tension blowdrying to 80% dry. Never thought I'd see the day, I used to hate the tangling this style caused. But trimming my ends so much this year was a blessing.

So that's it for now, but I'm excited to see where the next 8 months take me!

xx Lam

You Might Also Like

2 comments