Year 3 of growth (25 months post final relaxer)

(Picture is me with conditioner about to wash) So I'm a couple of weeks off from one year post big chop! I've been trucking along ...

(Picture is me with conditioner about to wash) So I'm a couple of weeks off from one year post big chop! I've been trucking along figuring out what exactly my hair can do and take and I'm just so excited by what I see. People aren't lying when they talk about the awkward stage. I spent most of this year lamenting the fact I couldn't do a real bun. However I retained 4" of growth over the 4 I already had, despite frequent trims, and I can finally tie my hair up the way I want to. So 2017 is all about growth growth growth.


A few months ago I dyed my ends and they seem to be holding up okay although I've noticed some thinning. Hopefully being more gentle helps prevent any further breakage.

My routine is washing weekly and either doing twists or stretching with Curlformers and styling in a bun updo. If I do twists, I keep them in until I'm going out somewhere and then I'll moisturise and use the Curlformers. Then if that feels dry before I wash again I'll moisturise and Bantu knot (followed by another updo) I'm doing the least that still allows my hair to thrive and loving it. My products:
  • Lush Blousey shampoo
  • Dove Quench Absolute Mask deep conditioner
  • Shea Moisture Coconut+Hibiscus Style Milk
  • Mixed Chicks morning after redefining foam
  • cheap conditioner for pre poo
And that's it! Keeping my hair stretched prevents horrendous tangles. I love the way wash and gos look but the SSKs are a nightmare. At the moment I detangle in the shower as it's easy with my high slip DC and when my hair is long enough I will do this in twisted sections. It's getting there, bit by bit... 

By the end of the year my hair will be the same length as the bulk of my relaxed years but like... a decent thickness instead of the straggly mess it was. Believe me, I can't wait!

xx Lam

You Might Also Like

0 comments